- Hanjin Newport Co. Expedites Loading and Unloading With RFID
The Korean terminal operator is using a Mojix-based solution provided by Qbit to ensure that the automated crane is ready to meet a vehicle for unloading or loading, thereby improving efficiency.
- Identiv Offers NFC RFID Temperature-Tracking Solution
The system—consisting of the disposable uTrust Sense Temperature Tracker tag and an app for Android smartphones and tablets—is designed to serve as a low-cost data-logger.
- Brazilian Recycling Plant Uses RFID to Facilitate Reverse Logistics
When discarded computers and printers arrive at its facility, Sinctronics uses RFID readers to identify their component materials so they can be more quickly recycled and incorporated into new IT products.
- IGC Brand Services Tags Diamonds, Jewelry
The HF RFID system enables the wholesaler to track when products arrive, where they are as they are processed, and when they are stored, shipped or returned, via a combination of handheld and desktop readers.
- NFC Brings Focus to Eyewear Returns
Luxottica boosts quality and efficiency by up to 50 percent by using NFC RFID to track each pair of eyeglass frames or sunglasses during its reverse-logistics process.
- Marc O'Polo Discovers RFID's Benefits
Having deployed an EPC UHF system at its 86 European stores, the apparel company says it expects an increase in revenue, thanks to the higher availability of goods on the sales floor.
- Dixons Carphone Group Simplifies Tracking of Phone, Tablet Repairs
Europe's largest mobile phone retailer and services company is using an RFID solution from TrackerPoint to manage work-in-process as it repairs thousands of devices and shares that data with customers.
- Siemens Starts Shipping New Readers for Industries, Logistics
The UHF RFID readers, including a low-cost model, are designed to be easily installed and operated by automatically adjusting their RF power and internal algorithms to filter stray reads.
- RFID Brings Greater Efficiency, Product Visibility to Interstate Batteries
The latest phase of the company's RFID deployment involves two million batteries, 2,200 smart storage and display racks, and 29 delivery trucks.
- Daher Aerospace Expands RFID Usage Throughout Supply Chain
The U.K.-based aerospace manufacturing and logistical services company and its customers are using passive UHF tags and readers to track its containers' location and status.
- Kizy Tracking Solution Uses Cellular Network to Locate Goods
The company is marketing its RTLS service as a low-cost alternative to conventional RFID, by employing battery-powered tags that communicate with GSM cellular towers instead of dedicated readers.
- PostNL Tracks Temperature-Sensitive Pharmaceuticals Via RFID
The company has installed SenseAnywhere active UHF transceivers and receivers within the postal vehicles it operates in Belgium.
- NFC Promotion Boosts Pepsi's Midwest Sales
Rehrig Pacific intends to launch a second promotion, following an initial pilot program that enabled shoppers with NFC phones to tap a tag on the plastic trays on which soda bottles are displayed to access a hockey-game discount and Pepsi promotional info.
- Woodside Tests New Passive-Active RFID Tag
The Australian oil and gas company is trialing Omni-ID's Power 400 RFID tag, branded as the Woodside Smart Tag (or W-Tag), at its LNG operation site.
- Carlsberg UK Expands RFID Keg-Tracking System
The beer and cider brewer expects to tag a total of 600,000 kegs, using RFID to create a record of which empty kegs are onsite, which have been filled and shipped, and how long they remain at a customer's site.