- Impinj Releases xSpan Reader for Tracking Flow of Items, People
The latest in the company's family of gateway readers with built-in steerable-beam antennas, the xSpan has two-directional tracking capacity, and is smaller and less expensive than Impinj's xArray.
- RFID Helps Greek Rail Service Save Money
TrainOSE is using a UHF RFID system from Trinity Systems to track the locations of freight cars, in order to improve logistics and reduce the fees it must pay if third-party railcars are not returned to their owners on time.
- RFID Journal to Hold 12th Annual LIVE! Europe Conference in London on Nov. 10
The one-day event will include a conference track focused on the retail and apparel sectors.
- McDonald's, Other Companies Test TAG Sensors' RFID Temperature Loggers
The data logger—in the form of a passive RFID inlay and a battery-powered sensor embedded in an adhesive label—is designed to provide a low-cost method of tracking products' environmental conditions throughout the supply chain.
- Trailiner Automatically Manages Trucks, Trailers in Its Yard
The U.S refrigerated goods carrier is using QuikQ's RFID-enabled system to identify and authorize vehicles as they come and go, and to manage their refueling.
- RFID Delivers Benefits to Air Canada Cargo
The freight services company is deploying Franwell's CargoAware solution to track shipments as they move through its five hubs and larger cargo-transfer stations around the world.
- RFID News Roundup
IXYS intros cylindrical LF half-duplex read-only RFID tag ••• FlexStr8 launches NFC temperature-logging label ••• AtlasRFIDstore becomes Tageos distribution partner ••• Martin's HQ installs Boon Edam RFID-enabled revolving door ••• U.K.'s Centre for Process Innovation heads up NFC packaging project ••• Northern Apex updates its personnel tracking solution.
- SportLife Tracks Athletic Shoes, Apparel
The Colombian retailer is using APES' hosted cloud-based RFID solution, which is designed to make installation easy and inexpensive.
- RFID Brings Customer Shipments into Focus for Eyewear Company
Extra Optical is piloting a system from Norway Post agency Bring to view when shipments to customers enter and exit the carrier's distribution centers, so that deliveries can be tracked automatically.
- RFID News Roundup
Lyngsoe unveils three RFID products for logistics, shipping-container security ••• Recall document-storage center adopts TSL wearable RFID readers ••• Orbcomm launches next-gen cargo security, condition-monitoring solution ••• CTC Stade puts Plataine's industrial IoT-based production optimization to work ••• Bluvision launches beacon-based RTLS ••• SAE International revises aerospace RFID standard.
- RFID Journal Launches Japanese-Language Website
For the first time, daily news about radio frequency identification and its many business and consumer applications will be available to people in Japan in their native language.
- KLM Maintenance Cuts Parts' Packaging Costs With RFID
Working with packaging supplier Nefab, the MRO provider is tracking cases and boxes used to transport airplane parts to and from customers, lowering packaging costs by 50 percent.
- Deutsche Post Offers RFID-based Envelope Tracking for International Mail
The postal carrier's customers in Germany can attach tags to envelopes and similarly sized parcels, in order to receive updates regarding their shipments' whereabouts.
- Decathlon Sees Sales Rise and Shrinkage Drop, Aided by RFID
The French sporting goods retailer is using RFID technology at all of its stores and warehouses.
- Blulog Launches NFC Temperature Datalogger, Service
The company's battery-powered device, currently being used in pilot projects, features a passive NFC RFID inlay for downloading temperature data via an NFC-enabled Android smartphone.