- Brazilian Supermarket Operator Improves Logistics, Inventory Accuracy
Grupo Pão-de-Açúcar's investment in RFID has eliminated accounting discrepancies and boosted efficiency related to the distribution of fish to its Pão-de-Açúcar and Extra stores.
- Taiwanese Fruit Distributor Tracks Fresh Produce Via RFID
Je-Nong Cooperative Farm has reduced labor costs by adopting plastic crates with embedded passive UHF EPC tags to document the processing of fruit at its plant.
- Argentinean Sea Terminal to Launch RFID-Based Reefer Management
TecPlata's terminal at Buenos Aries' La Plata Port is installing active RFID tags from Identec Solutions to enable uses to remotely monitor and control conditions inside refrigerated containers.
- Veiling Holambra, a Major Latin American Horticultural Supplier, Adopts RFID
The cooperative, which is tagging more than 1 million baskets, carts and other circulating materials, expects to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Confidex Releases Printable, Flexible On-Metal RFID Label
Silverline, a passive Gen 2 EPC UHF self-adhesive label able to be attached to curved surfaces, is being tested by potential customers after gaining a nod from four RFID printer-encoder suppliers.
- Latvian Container Terminal Tracks Cranes Via RFID
The system, provided by Autepra, enables the Baltic Container Terminal to identify the locations of containers being loaded or unloaded at the Freeport of Riga, based on the tagged cranes carrying them.
- Trane Restocks Supplies at Assembly Plant Via RFID
The heating and air-conditioning systems manufacturer has improved efficiency by having its logistic centers attach passive UHF RFID tags to the packaging of components shipped to its factory.
- RFID Reduces Traffic Delays at Indian Port
A passive UHF RFID system has decreased loading and unloading times at Adani Port's Hazira Container Terminal to about half of the industry average.
- DHL Thermonet Tracks Drugs and Life-Sciences Goods With RFID Temperature Tag
The solution, employing UHF RFID tags with built-in temperature sensors applied to containers, will enable DHL's customers to maintain a record of shipping temperatures, and receive an alert if an exception occurs.
- Daimler Truck Factory Boosts Productivity
At its plant in Saltillo, Mexico, Daimler Trucks North America is using an RFID system from PINC to track the locations of more than 500 trailers loaded with materials.
- University of Derby Researchers Seek New Ways to Use RFID
The school's RFID Advanced Research group has carried out dozens of projects, including several designed to prevent bicycle accidents, monitor door production or improve construction-worker safety.
- Rug Company Tracks Its Wares Via New UHF Seal
A U.S. importer of fine rugs is using Cybra's new Lock & EnCode passive UHF RFID seal to identify, authenticate and locate its high-value merchandise.
- Coster Group Boosts Logistics Efficiency
The Italian packaging-components manufacturer is installing a UHF RFID system at all of its production and distribution facilities, to help track the location and status of products as they are produced, stored and shipped.
- Russian Tag Company Reaches for a Worldwide Audience
Mikron, which makes Moscow Metro's RFID-enabled subway tickets, is marketing its HF and UHF passive tags through new distributor GoGlobal, with a focus on logistics and retail applications.
- Bloomingdale's, Carrier Top Keynote Speaker Lineup at RFID Journal LIVE! 2013
The two companies, along with BP, Vail Resorts and EADS, will offer presentations at this year's conference and exhibition, being held from Apr. 30 to May 2, in Orlando, Fla.