- Unipart Logistics Tests Active RFID for Automotive Customer
The U.K. company is using a system from RF Code to track when each of its five trucks are loaded with assembled parts, and when they leave its facility for delivery to a car manufacturing client.
- Ctrack Markets RFID-based Cargo-Tracking Seals in Europe
The technology, known as ISIS, enables companies to record which goods are loaded onto and removed from a particular truck—information that can be coupled with sensor data about the location of the vehicle itself.
- ELA Innovation's Readers and Active RFID Tags Monitor Goods, Tools in Transit
The French company is marketing a tiny RFID reader—small enough to fit on the dashboard of a truck's cab—designed to track tagged items loaded in the vehicle's trailer.
- Brazilian Supermarket Operator Improves Logistics, Inventory Accuracy
Grupo Pão-de-Açúcar's investment in RFID has eliminated accounting discrepancies and boosted efficiency related to the distribution of fish to its Pão-de-Açúcar and Extra stores.
- Taiwanese Fruit Distributor Tracks Fresh Produce Via RFID
Je-Nong Cooperative Farm has reduced labor costs by adopting plastic crates with embedded passive UHF EPC tags to document the processing of fruit at its plant.
- Argentinean Sea Terminal to Launch RFID-Based Reefer Management
TecPlata's terminal at Buenos Aries' La Plata Port is installing active RFID tags from Identec Solutions to enable uses to remotely monitor and control conditions inside refrigerated containers.
- Veiling Holambra, a Major Latin American Horticultural Supplier, Adopts RFID
The cooperative, which is tagging more than 1 million baskets, carts and other circulating materials, expects to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Confidex Releases Printable, Flexible On-Metal RFID Label
Silverline, a passive Gen 2 EPC UHF self-adhesive label able to be attached to curved surfaces, is being tested by potential customers after gaining a nod from four RFID printer-encoder suppliers.
- Latvian Container Terminal Tracks Cranes Via RFID
The system, provided by Autepra, enables the Baltic Container Terminal to identify the locations of containers being loaded or unloaded at the Freeport of Riga, based on the tagged cranes carrying them.
- Trane Restocks Supplies at Assembly Plant Via RFID
The heating and air-conditioning systems manufacturer has improved efficiency by having its logistic centers attach passive UHF RFID tags to the packaging of components shipped to its factory.
- RFID Reduces Traffic Delays at Indian Port
A passive UHF RFID system has decreased loading and unloading times at Adani Port's Hazira Container Terminal to about half of the industry average.
- DHL Thermonet Tracks Drugs and Life-Sciences Goods With RFID Temperature Tag
The solution, employing UHF RFID tags with built-in temperature sensors applied to containers, will enable DHL's customers to maintain a record of shipping temperatures, and receive an alert if an exception occurs.
- Daimler Truck Factory Boosts Productivity
At its plant in Saltillo, Mexico, Daimler Trucks North America is using an RFID system from PINC to track the locations of more than 500 trailers loaded with materials.
- University of Derby Researchers Seek New Ways to Use RFID
The school's RFID Advanced Research group has carried out dozens of projects, including several designed to prevent bicycle accidents, monitor door production or improve construction-worker safety.
- Rug Company Tracks Its Wares Via New UHF Seal
A U.S. importer of fine rugs is using Cybra's new Lock & EnCode passive UHF RFID seal to identify, authenticate and locate its high-value merchandise.