- Blulog Launches NFC Temperature Datalogger, Service
The company's battery-powered device, currently being used in pilot projects, features a passive NFC RFID inlay for downloading temperature data via an NFC-enabled Android smartphone.
- RFID-Enabled Walkie-Talkies Help Track Remote Workers
Hytera's PD415 radio and Patrol Management software enable companies to track where their workers are, and when, by having employees tap the handset against tags mounted at work sites.
- View Technologies Launches Long-Range RTLS for Passive UHF Tags
The inView system is being tested or deployed by manufacturers, logistics companies and retailers, through systems integrators, to track the locations of UHF RFID-tagged items in real time.
- Stanley Black & Decker to Shutter Its AeroScout Industrial Division
Companies in the manufacturing, transportation and logistics sectors will not be able to buy AeroScout tags and exciters after Oct. 31. However, Stanley will continue to offer AeroScout solutions to hospitals and other health-care customers.
- Norwegian Truck-Body Manufacturer Offers RFID-enabled Trailers
One of Bussbygg's customers is using two RFID-enabled refrigerated trailers in an ongoing trial, and finds that the technology shortens the delivery of goods by 30 minutes per stop, while preventing errors.
- Chinese RFID Adoption Takes Many Forms
The Shanghai branch of U.S. RFID technology provider Impinj is seeing strong demand for passive UHF tags and readers from the nation's banking, transportation and retail sectors, with the greatest growth coming from consumer goods manufacturers.
- HidroMares Helps Port Managers See the Seas to Better Manage Boat Traffic
Using networks of sensors and a cloud-based interface, port managers can get real-time data about water conditions to help them guide ships in and out of port safely and efficiently.
- Hanjin Newport Co. Expedites Loading and Unloading With RFID
The Korean terminal operator is using a Mojix-based solution provided by Qbit to ensure that the automated crane is ready to meet a vehicle for unloading or loading, thereby improving efficiency.
- Identiv Offers NFC RFID Temperature-Tracking Solution
The system—consisting of the disposable uTrust Sense Temperature Tracker tag and an app for Android smartphones and tablets—is designed to serve as a low-cost data-logger.
- Brazilian Recycling Plant Uses RFID to Facilitate Reverse Logistics
When discarded computers and printers arrive at its facility, Sinctronics uses RFID readers to identify their component materials so they can be more quickly recycled and incorporated into new IT products.
- IGC Brand Services Tags Diamonds, Jewelry
The HF RFID system enables the wholesaler to track when products arrive, where they are as they are processed, and when they are stored, shipped or returned, via a combination of handheld and desktop readers.
- NFC Brings Focus to Eyewear Returns
Luxottica boosts quality and efficiency by up to 50 percent by using NFC RFID to track each pair of eyeglass frames or sunglasses during its reverse-logistics process.
- Marc O'Polo Discovers RFID's Benefits
Having deployed an EPC UHF system at its 86 European stores, the apparel company says it expects an increase in revenue, thanks to the higher availability of goods on the sales floor.
- Dixons Carphone Group Simplifies Tracking of Phone, Tablet Repairs
Europe's largest mobile phone retailer and services company is using an RFID solution from TrackerPoint to manage work-in-process as it repairs thousands of devices and shares that data with customers.
- Siemens Starts Shipping New Readers for Industries, Logistics
The UHF RFID readers, including a low-cost model, are designed to be easily installed and operated by automatically adjusting their RF power and internal algorithms to filter stray reads.