- Hy-Vee Supermarkets Track Perishables to Ensure Freshness
Suppliers include RFID temperature tags in shipments to the retailer's distribution centers, and the DCs reuse the tags to monitor goods en route to the stores.
- Italian Steel Pipe Manufacturer Tracks WIP Materials
Since deploying an RFID system to track pallets in a large industrial area, TenarisDalmine has increased production efficiencies and inventory accuracy, and improved worker safety.
- Swedish Transport Gets on Track With RFID
The government agency developed a preventative-maintenance solution for railway vehicles, based on global standards.
- Sesa Goa Automates Mining Logistics Operations
India's largest producer and exporter of iron ore in the private sector deployed an RFID solution to speed up customers' deliveries, saving time and money.
- Lufthansa Technik Automates Supply Management
The logistics services division turned to RFID to track time-sensitive materials and build a greener business.
- Portuguese Port Operator Relies on RFID for Vehicle Loading
The new Sograin solid grains terminal was designed with a radio frequency identification solution to ensure fast and efficient service for its customers.
- Global Logistics Company Monitors Shipments' Temperatures
Panalpina Group deployed an RFID solution to track the conditions of health-care and pharmaceutical products during transit or storage.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: Best RFID Implementation—Gerry Weber's Pain-Free RFID Revolution
The clothing designer and retailer tracks garments from manufacturing sites to warehouses and retail stores, to improve inventory management and deter theft.
- RFID Facilitates Grain Storage in India
Adani Grain Logistics deployed radio frequency identification to automate steps for receiving, testing and tracking food grain at its two main depots.
- Canadian Beef Processor Deploys RFID for Food Safety
Levinoff-Colbex instituted a monitoring system to quickly identify and track any animal products from potentially contaminated or diseased animals.
- 10 Presentations From RFID Journal LIVE! 2009
Speakers at the conference offered numerous case studies on monitoring assets, inventories, items, temperatures and more.
- How RFID Delivers Shipping Accuracy and Cost Savings
In this PowerPoint presentation, with audio, recorded at RFID Journal LIVE! 2009, Dave Johnson, director of distribution and logistics, DePuy, a division of Johnson & Johnson, explains how his company implemented an RFID system that dramatically improved shipping accuracy, shortened the typical check-in and -out times for kits of medical devices and made it possible to more accurately bill surgeons for the items they actually use.
- Supply Chain/Logistics Track
Leading-edge companies are improving their supply chain and logistics operations, including warehouse management, by taking advantage of the greater visibility that RFID data provides. In this track, attendees heard from some of the companies that have successfully deployed these systems, and learned their best practices.
- Beaver Street Fisheries Automates RFID Tagging
The frozen seafood supplier encounters a sea of change as it moves from slap-and-ship tagging to an automated process on the assembly line.
- RFID Rocks at Graniterock
The construction materials company deployed an RFID system to improve customer service and boost customer loyalty.