- Royal Cornwall Hospitals to Boost Surgical Safety With RFID
The United Kingdom's NHS Trust is launching a UHF RFID system from Ingenica Solutions to track implants received, stored and then placed inside patients, to reduce manual efforts for tracking the high-value devices, while also increasing patient safety.
- Retailers, Hospitals Trialing or Deploying End-to-End RFID Solution
PervasID's Ranger Series includes specialized readers for dock doors, overhead wide-area reading, point of sale and security, along with software to manage read data.
- RFID-based App Helps Consumers Find a Cold Drink
Cool&Go is an app-based extension of Blulog's automated data-logging system to point consumers in the direction of beverages or ice cream in their neighborhood, while also sharing their temperatures.
- Shopper Fulfillment Expectations Up, Satisfaction Still Elusive in Study
Zebra Technologies has released its "2017 Global Shopper Study," which measures how well retailers are keeping up with shopper expectations at physical stores and online, with an eye toward improving those numbers with RFID and IoT technologies.
- Universal Tag and Printer Combo Aimed at On-demand Encoding at Industrial Sites
Metalcraft, SATO say their combination of a universal tag and a cloneable printer can make encoding and tagging metal or other material items seamless at factories, warehouses or industrial sites.
- Companies Testing On-Metal Tag With 20-Meter Read Range
Xerafy's Container Trak tag is being tested by several companies to identify the locations and movements of metal containers or trailers in such areas as outdoor storage yards and distribution centers.
- Solution Provider Builds RFID into Its Platform for Asset, Work-in-Progress Management
While Radley Corp. has been testing and evaluating RFID technology for years, it is now releasing UHF-based solutions for its customers to automate the collection of data regarding inventory and assets at assembly sites, warehouses and logistics centers.
- New Beacon Solution Offers Low-Cost Supply Chain Visibility
Roambee's BeeBeacon system consists of small, low-cost beacon devices and Bee hubs to receive transmissions, using BLE, GSM or Wi-Fi connectivity to track goods in large volume through warehouses, on ships and vehicles, and at stores.
- Turck Group Acquires Vilant Systems, Becomes Europe-Based Solutions Provider
By buying the majority interest in the solutions company, the firm—now called Turck Vilant Systems—is now poised to be among the key RFID solutions providers in Europe.
- RFID Automates Safety, Status Data for Endoscopes
Olympus Medical Systems Group has released its HF RFID-based Unifia solution to track when a health-care company's endoscopes are used, tested, cleaned and processed before they are returned for reuse on another patient.
- Polish Post Completes RFID Testing at Distribution Center
ProxiGroup's UHF RFID system may next be installed across all distribution sites, in order to make parcel shipping more efficient, as well as boost customer satisfaction.
- Tenna Brings IoT, RFID to Industrial Asset Tracking
The company, formerly known as BuildSourced, aims to provide a single platform for all asset tracking on civil construction or other sites, to manage everything from a screwdriver to a crane, as well as personnel.
- RFID News Roundup
Murata intros RAIN RFID tag for use on metal ••• Harland Simon, GS1 Ireland partner on asset-tracking, inventory-management solutions ••• Nedap launches smart-parking sensor platform ••• SATO to unveil intelligent label-printing technologies ••• Identiv, Zwipe team up to provide biometric access ••• CAEN RFID releases two new readers.
- RFID Readers Fit Like a Glove With New Atlas RFID Release
The UHF reading device serves as a ring to fit over two fingers, even over a glove, so that workers can free up their hands at construction sites, warehouses or storage areas as they read tags.
- Lightweight Relays Enable Small Drones to Read RFID Tags Indoors
MIT has developed an RFID system that would allow users to capture tag reads with a small drone carrying a virtual antenna array to forward data between tags and a reader.