- Passive Sensor Tags to Surpass 5 Million Units This Year
IDTechEx research finds that passive UHF and NFC sensor tags are dominating the RFID sensor market, while battery-assisted sensor tags are also seeing market growth as a relatively low-cost IoT solution.
- Companies Test T-Systems' IoT Technology in Brazil
With the Roambee device, the Internet of Things platform collects data such as location, shock, humidity, temperature, movement, air gases and other environmental variations.
- Zebra Survey Finds IoT Plans in the Works at Most Companies
Only 36 percent of respondents say they have a company-wide intelligent enterprise system, while 57 percent report having a vision in place for some level of Internet of Things expansion.
- BNDES Allots Large Investment to Internet of Things Projects in Brazil
Through funds for innovation, the bank intends to finance projects in areas defined by the country's IoT Action Plan in the next three years.
- Companies Trialing Zebra Technologies' IoT Savanna Platform
Reflexis is among five partners selected by Zebra to launch trials of a new Internet of Things edge-based platform designed to make RFID and other sensor-based deployments easy to install and integrate, with low security risk.
- Polish Post Completes RFID Testing at Distribution Center
ProxiGroup's UHF RFID system may next be installed across all distribution sites, in order to make parcel shipping more efficient, as well as boost customer satisfaction.
- CPqD to Integrate Dojot Platform into Brazil's Public Network
An agreement with WND, involving connectivity with Sigfox technology, aims to accelerate the development of Internet of Things solutions in that country.
- Smart Cooler Helps Companies Sell More
Embraco has created an Internet of Things-based platform to help customers market more drinks and food at the point of sale.
- Tenna Brings IoT, RFID to Industrial Asset Tracking
The company, formerly known as BuildSourced, aims to provide a single platform for all asset tracking on civil construction or other sites, to manage everything from a screwdriver to a crane, as well as personnel.
- Brazilian Government Announces Internet of Things Study
Federal authorities presented a report on the country's IoT Action Plan during a telecommunications event in São Paulo.
- Cattle Ranching Gains from IoT-based Intelligence
Chipsafer has completed two African pilots of its LoRa technology-powered system to locate cattle on large ranches and track their behavior; similar pilots in Europe, South America and Australia are ongoing.
- RFID News Roundup
Xerafy intros RFID tags for challenging outdoor applications ••• Smartrac showcases RFID, NFC, IoT temperature sensor portfolio ••• STMicroelectronics offers software kit for Bluetooth mesh networking, connected smart-lighting ••• FineLine Technologies acquires RFID tag provider Data2 Corp. ••• HID Global announces cloud-based personalization and issuance solution for cards, credentials ••• STAR Systems International unveils RFID antennas for electronic tolling ••• Mayer Brown launches practical guide on hot topics in cybersecurity and data privacy, including the IoT.
- CPqD Creates Open-Source IoT Platform
Thanks to an investment from FUNTTEL, the dojot platform was created with the goal of generating solutions for smart cities in Brazil.
- NFC Forum Incorporates Tags into Its Certification Program
The release of Apple's NFC-enabled iOS 11 platform is helping to drive the growth of NFC deployments that are making an NFC tag certification program important, the association says.
- CPqD Launches IoT Solution for Smart Cities
The Internet of Things system, developed in partnership with Exati, offers a gateway that manages a wireless communication network via public lighting.