- How to Conquer Fear of "Things" in "Internet of Things"
Start by addressing misconceptions about what it is and what it can—and cannot—do.
- IoT Platform Solutions: Giving Business a Digital Voice
The use of passive sensors, including RFID tags, will play a critical role as companies transition to the digital business era, but adopters are faced with a range of choices.
- TuntoID—A New Approach for Passive UHF RFID Sensing
There is sufficient bandwidth in an EPC Gen 2 UHF backscatter link to enable the reading of a low-power analog sensor—resulting in an RFID sensor tag with a long read range.
- New FCC Rules Could Threaten RFID, IoT Development
The agency's new equipment-authorization rules impact where manufacturers can cost-effectively conduct R&D for devices certified for sale in the United States.
- A New Auto-ID Integration Standard Could Play a Big IoT Role
An OPC UA companion standard being developed by AIM and the OPC Foundation represents an important step toward greatly simplifying the integration of identification systems, and could thus become an essential base for the Internet of Things.
- An Interview With Geoffrey Moore
The expert on the technology adoption life cycle speaks with Bob Morris about radio frequency identification and its struggles to achieve mass adoption.
- Organizing the Internet of Things
It may be too late to bring back EPCglobal's Object Naming Service, but we sure could use it now.
- The IoT Challenge
As the Internet of Things takes shape, RFID companies need to offer complete solutions that can quickly and easily adapt to customers' needs and expectations.
- The Real World of Active RFID Tags
Here's how the technology is being used today to solve real problems, and what's in store for the future.
- Our Future: The Real-Time Status of Things
Soon we will be able to know not only every item's location, but also its temperature, motion, vibration, humidity and a host of other variables, opening up a world of opportunities for us all.
- RFID Stakeholders Need to Prepare for the Internet of Things
The IoT will pose significant risks and opportunities for many in the RFID industry during the next 24 months.
- Street Smarts
Cities that don't embrace the Internet of Things will be left behind.
- How to Deploy EPCIS
Design the data, then set up your software.
- Making More Sense
We must present all the data we collect in a meaningful way.
- EPCIS for Internal Projects
The standard for sharing information can maximize the value of your RFID hardware investment.