- Middle Easterners Imagine RFID's Power and Possibilities
At this week's RFID Journal LIVE! Middle East conference, attendees and speakers are discussing the technology's myriad applications, as well as its prospects for growth in the region.
- RFID Adopters Seek "Competitive Differentiation"
A University of Wollongong survey examines the differences between companies that have deployed the technology, and those that have not.
- RFID to Revolutionize Coca-Cola's Dispensers
The Freestyle system uses passive RFID tags, enabling a single beverage dispenser to provide consumers with more than 100 drink options, as well as track how well each sells.
- American Apparel's Zander Livingston to Keynote at RFID in Fashion 2009
Livingston, the retailer's head of RFID, will explain how his company increased sales by 15 percent, at RFID Journal's fourth annual event, to be held Aug. 12-13.
- UAE Universities Adopt RFID to Thwart Diploma Forgery
Schools in the United Arab Emirates are placing RFID tags on the academic certificates they issue, to ensure the documents' validity and speed the registration process.
- Researchers to Reveal RFID Benchmarks for Apparel Retail at RFID In Fashion 2009
The University of Arkansas' RFID Research Center will reveal industry benchmarks regarding the benefits that can be achieved using RFID in apparel stores, at RFID Journal's fourth annual event, to be held in New York City on Aug. 12-13.
- Middle East RFID Association Gets Ready for Business
After its official launch, expected soon, the organization will focus on helping the region's governments develop RFID-related regulations, but also offer workshops and training.
- RFID Gives Voice to Nonverbal Children
Thanks to its built-in RFID interrogator, the Logan ProxTalker can identify words that autistic children want to say—and utter them on their behalf.
- VCF, TMPA to Sponsor RFID in Fashion Conference
The fourth annual RFID Journal apparel event, to be held in New York City on Aug. 12-13, will focus on helping retailers and suppliers improve on-shelf availability, increase sales and reduce supply chain costs.
- Dayton to Foster New RFID Solutions
A local group will open an incubator for RFID technology research at the city's Tech Town campus in July.
- RFID Journal LIVE! Wins Broad Industry Praise
RFID Journal's seventh annual conference and exhibition is being widely hailed as a huge success, despite taking place during the most difficult economic conditions in a generation.
- Dubai Holding's CIO to Open RFID Journal LIVE! Middle East
At the first annual event, to be held on June 15-17 in Dubai, technology evangelist Sabri Hamed Al-Azazi will present the inaugural keynote, discussing the importance of RFID.
- Voegele, Vail, FOCUS and ODIN Technologies Win RFID Journal Awards
The winners of the third annual RFID Journal Awards were honored at RFID Journal LIVE! 2009.
- RFID Journal Introduces Interactive Map of RFID Deployments
This new wiki-like tool will enable visitors around the world to share information about RFID usage, showing how—and where—RFID adoption is spreading.
- Alliance, Seeonic, UPM Raflatac Collaborate on Item-Level Retail Display
The RFID-enabled system uses EPC Gen 2 tags to allow retailers and product suppliers to track not only new promotional displays, but also the individual items they contain.