- RFID Helped the Eagles Win the Super Bowl
The team is giving credit to its use of data provided by an active, ultra-wideband RFID system installed at all NFL stadiums.
- Is Video a Threat to RFID?
Amazon Go is using video, which has great potential to work with RFID—but here's why the technology cannot replace radio frequency identification.
- Update from NRF's Big Show
Several RFID companies exhibited new solutions at the event that were aimed at retailers.
- Déjà Vu at NRF's Big Show 2018
As in years past, exhibitors were touting solutions that require retailers to adopt RFID before they will be effective.
- The Best Retail RFID Deployment
It's difficult to compare deployments by different retailers, but Marks & Spencer is certainly a company that others should look to emulate.
- How Will U.S. Companies Spend Their Tax Cut?
The tax rate for businesses has been cut to 21 percent, from 39.1 percent, giving profitable firms a nice windfall; smart companies will invest in technologies such as RFID.
- You Can't Deploy What You Can't See
Lack of awareness about RFID products is hindering adoption.
- Some Defense and Aerospace Companies Are Becoming Serious About RFID
The level of engagement at last week's RFID in Aerospace and Defense event was high, which is a good sign.
- Industrywide Approaches to RFID
The aerospace and defense sectors are being propelled by large players to adopt radio frequency identification.
- Sports, Technology and the Future of Management
Managers of sports teams are being fired for not embracing data analytics. Are business managers next?
- Algorithm (and RFID) Aversion
People often do not trust technology to give them the right information or answers—even when the technology is clearly better than humans.
- Is Retail Approaching the Tipping Point for RFID?
Data presented at last week's RFID in Retail and Apparel event suggests that adoption of RFID to manage apparel inventory is accelerating quickly.
- When RFID Becomes Obsolete
What new technology will replace radio frequency identification for inventory management, asset tracking and other applications?
- What You Can Learn From the NFL
Tracking players and footballs might seem irrelevant to business, but there are things companies can learn from using RFID in this way.
- RFID Journal's Fall Events Lineup
We'll be hosting conferences for retailers and brand owners in September, for businesses in Europe in November, and for those in the aerospace and defense sectors in December.