- Reforestation Project Uses RFID Data for Forest Analytics
HLH provides RFID-based data to customers, as well as to partners such as Paradise Helicopters, and analyzes that information to better manage its forest of koa and sandalwood trees.
- NFC Helps Charity With Fundraising Event
Tipping Point received more than $7 million in donations within half an hour.
- RFID Gets to the Root of Surgical Services Problems
Florida Hospital uses real-time location data to understand why delays and bottlenecks occur, to improve OR performance and patient satisfaction.
- Decathlon Scores a Big Win With RFID
The French sporting goods retailer is tracking most of its products from factories to more than 1,000 stores in 25 countries.
- Solving NASA's Water Problem
RFID temperature sensors could make the International Space Station's Urine Processor Assembly more efficient, potentially saving millions of dollars annually.
- RFID Helps Amputees Manipulate Prosthetic Hands
MORPH, developed by Infinite Biomedical Technologies, lets users control their environment.
- RFID Eases Border-Crossing Traffic
The Mexican and U.S. governments worked together to automate toll collection.
- RFID Goes on Safari
The Dallas Zoo tracks elephants in real time to study their behavior and determine if they're getting enough exercise.
- The Ongoing War Against Inefficiencies
The U.S. Department of Defense is refining its RFID strategy to optimize the world's most complex supply chain.
- RFID Is On the Money
British TV game show The Million Pound Drop tracks bundles of cash to create a more exciting experience for contestants and home viewers.
- RFID Automates Payroll Process
LSI Mortgage Plus, a national mortgage banker/broker, deployed an RFID system to track employee work hours, reducing overtime pay and achieving an ROI within months.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: Best Use of RFID to Enhance a Product or Service—RFID Delivers a Royal Payback
Royal Caribbean is installing self-service soft drink machines on its entire fleet of 22 cruise ships, keeping guests happy and generating explosive profits.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: Most Innovative Use of RFID—Tracking and Monitoring the Deadliest Cache
Argonne National Laboratory has developed a strategy that uses RFID to safeguard nuclear materials.
- 2010 RFID Journal Award: Minera Norge Takes RFID to the Arctic Edge
In the land of the midnight sun, RFID never sleeps, as it streamlines year-round production and shipping at a Norwegian manufacturer's slate facility.
- Working the Room
Event-focused RFID technology helps NASSCOM, an Indian trade association, track and serve attendees at its annual international conference in Mumbai.