- RFID Helps Link Penguin Swimming Rates to Bumblefoot Infections
The Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden has equipped 13 of its penguins with RFID tags and installed readers at swimming pools, in order to determine how much time the aquatic birds spend in the water and correlate that data with the presence of lesions growing on their feet.
- Beacons Bring Little India History to Singapore Visitors and Residents
The National Heritage Board is piloting a system that enables visitors to learn about the attractions around them as they walk along the BLE-enabled Little India Heritage Trail.
- Reforestation Project Uses RFID Data for Forest Analytics
HLH provides RFID-based data to customers, as well as to partners such as Paradise Helicopters, and analyzes that information to better manage its forest of koa and sandalwood trees.
- NFC Helps Charity With Fundraising Event
Tipping Point received more than $7 million in donations within half an hour.
- RFID Gets to the Root of Surgical Services Problems
Florida Hospital uses real-time location data to understand why delays and bottlenecks occur, to improve OR performance and patient satisfaction.
- Decathlon Scores a Big Win With RFID
The French sporting goods retailer is tracking most of its products from factories to more than 1,000 stores in 25 countries.
- Solving NASA's Water Problem
RFID temperature sensors could make the International Space Station's Urine Processor Assembly more efficient, potentially saving millions of dollars annually.
- RFID Helps Amputees Manipulate Prosthetic Hands
MORPH, developed by Infinite Biomedical Technologies, lets users control their environment.
- RFID Eases Border-Crossing Traffic
The Mexican and U.S. governments worked together to automate toll collection.
- RFID Goes on Safari
The Dallas Zoo tracks elephants in real time to study their behavior and determine if they're getting enough exercise.
- The Ongoing War Against Inefficiencies
The U.S. Department of Defense is refining its RFID strategy to optimize the world's most complex supply chain.
- RFID Is On the Money
British TV game show The Million Pound Drop tracks bundles of cash to create a more exciting experience for contestants and home viewers.
- RFID Automates Payroll Process
LSI Mortgage Plus, a national mortgage banker/broker, deployed an RFID system to track employee work hours, reducing overtime pay and achieving an ROI within months.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: Best Use of RFID to Enhance a Product or Service—RFID Delivers a Royal Payback
Royal Caribbean is installing self-service soft drink machines on its entire fleet of 22 cruise ships, keeping guests happy and generating explosive profits.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: Most Innovative Use of RFID—Tracking and Monitoring the Deadliest Cache
Argonne National Laboratory has developed a strategy that uses RFID to safeguard nuclear materials.