- Rady Children's Hospital Tracks Anesthetic Drugs Via RFID
The California facility is using MEPS Real-Time's RFID-enabled cart to manage trays filled with medications, with the goal of improving efficiency and patient safety by ensuring that the right drug is available and never nearing expiration.
- PantryLabs' Vending Machine Dispenses Fresh Foods Via RFID
The California startup's refrigerated kiosks employ RFID readers to identify sandwiches and other perishable products stored within, and to track sales and inventory levels.
- Barcelona-area Hospital Manages Surgical Supplies Via Smart Cabinet
The Consorci Sanitari de l'Anoia is applying RFID tags to high-value surgical items, in order to track which patients receive them, as well as ensure that the inventory count is up to date, and that no product expires before use.
- PostNL Tracks Temperature-Sensitive Pharmaceuticals Via RFID
The company has installed SenseAnywhere active UHF transceivers and receivers within the postal vehicles it operates in Belgium.
- RFID News Roundup
DHL adds 13 locations throughout the Americas to its life-sciences Thermonet network; EM Microelectronic announces COiN Bluetooth smart beacon; SkyeTek unveils new UHF RFID module; International oil and gas company implements Precyse Technologies' RTLS to boost worker safety; RFID takes part in University of Texas at Dallas commencement ceremony.
- East Midlands Ambulance Service Uses RFID to Track Equipment Quickly
The British emergency services provider has attached EPC Gen 2 UHF passive RFID tags to critical gear, and can now more easily verify what is onboard each vehicle, and when it was last serviced.
- Palmetto Health Extends RTLS to New Facility
The South Carolina health-care provider now uses a centralized Ekahau Wi-Fi-based solution to track the locations of assets at four of its hospitals.
- New Cross Hospital Boosts Hand Hygiene, Efficiency via RTLS
The British medical facility has deployed a solution, provided by TeleTracking and CenTrak, to track the location and status of assets, patients and personnel.
- Collingwood General & Marine Hospital Adopts RTLS that Tracks Infants, Assets and Environmental Conditions
The Canadian facility has deployed Stanley Healthcare's Wi-Fi-based RFID tags and MobileView software platform, which also manages asset locations and records temperature and humidity levels within the OR.
- RFID News Roundup
MAINtag announces deployment of over 1 million flyable tags, new deliveries of FLYtag skin; Kit Check releases new RFID scanning station; new DOD rules for electronics parts contractors could spur RFID use; Lab ID introduces two new RFID inlays; IDTronic unveils new UHF RFID reader module; NXP releases Android development kit for Mifare, Icode and NTAG products; Smartrac and Confidex partner on U.S. distribution agreement; Tecsys Buys Logi-D.
- Olympus Automates Its Endoscope Tester Via RFID
Hospitals are now using the ALT-Pro leak detector to identify the model of endoscope being used, and to then adjust the test settings according to that model's specifications, while also storing data indicating which tests were conducted, by whom and with what results.
- RxSafe's Machines Use RFID to Automatically Dispense Medications
The company's new RxASP line incorporates HF RFID readers to identify and dispense the correct types and amounts of pharmaceuticals.
- Registration Now Open for RFID in Health Care 2014
RFID Journal's 10th annual health-care event will focus on how RFID technology can help improve patient safety, hospital operations and supply chain efficiencies.
- MERS Infection Puts RTLS Technology in the Spotlight
Real-time location system vendor Versus has seen interest in its products grow following media coverage of Community Hospital's use of the technology to identify all personnel who were in contact with a MERS-infected patient.
- Altru Health Uses RTLS to Provide Patient Updates to Visitors, Track Assets
The Wi-Fi-based system, from Ekahau, also enables a security application, whereby employees can summon help via their RTLS badges.