- RTLS Lifts Patient Satisfaction and Efficiency at Stanford Children's Health
The clinic is using a real-time location system to identify the locations of patients, personnel and assets, to ensure that patients are treated quickly and staff members can find the items they seek, as well as their colleagues.
- THINaër Launches Low-Cost Beacon-based RTLS
Health-care and aerospace companies are already using the firm's solution to determine the locations and movements of items and individuals, and to analyze that data in terms of efficiency, maintenance or other factors.
- Invengo Buys Tagsys' Textiles, Industrial and Logistics RFID Divisions
The acquired businesses will now be handled by a newly created Invengo division in Europe.
- Toronto Expands RFID-Enabled Bike-Sharing Program
Bike Share Toronto has contracted with PBSC Urban Solutions to supply new bicycles and stations, using Syrma's HF RFID tags and readers.
- RFID News Roundup
Thinfilm helps Hopsy deliver smart beer to craft brew market ••• Confidex unveils secure RFID label with NXP Ucode DNA chip ••• Genesis Health System implements RFID-enabled nurse-call system ••• Turck says new ARGEE technology can help factories simplify RFID integration ••• Beacons set to drive coupon redemption, according to Juniper Research ••• United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust deploys RTLS.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals' ICUs in Delhi Use RFID to Track Equipment
The intensive care units now know in which zone each of their 300 critical-care assets was last detected; the organization plans to expand its deployment to another hospital.
- RFID Tracks Surgical Tools, Assets at Ixtapaluca Hospital
Three operating rooms and 500 surgical instruments have been RFID-enabled, with plans to expand the deployment to all surgical units, to ensure that no tools are missing before or after an operation.
- Aegis Sciences Corp. Manages Bio Samples More Efficiently With RFID
The forensic toxicology and health-care sciences testing lab is using a UHF RFID system to track the storage and processing of blood and tissue samples.
- RFID Journal Announces Winners of Its 10th Annual Awards
Decathlon and Florida Hospital are among the top picks for 2016, chosen at this week's LIVE! event, being held in Orlando.
- Nicklaus Children's Hospital Uses NFC Tags, BLE Beacons to Manage Inspections, Assets
The technology includes NFC RFID tags for facilitating inspections and a beacon-based RTLS solution for identifying the locations of assets, personnel and patients.
- Skin-thin NFC Patch Goes to Market
A version of the adhesive patch—no thicker than a human hair—is currently being tested by L'Oreal to help consumers track their sun exposure.
- RFID News Roundup
View Technologies announces new smart antenna for smaller locations ••• Mojix expands into Latin American markets ••• Bell Mobility offers BeWhere beacon-based RTLS to Canadian market ••• S.C.'s Pour Taproom installs RFID-enabled beer taps ••• Halton Healthcare deploys Stanley Healthcare's AeroScout RTLS.
- Denmark's Mega Hospital Works on Mega RFID Deployment
When New University Hospital's construction is completed in 2019, planners expect 350,000 assets and individuals will be tagged and 2,500 fixed readers will be installed.
- Idolink Brings Smart Apartment, RTLS Solutions to U.S.
The systems are already in use in Korean apartment buildings, as well as at health-care, retail and industrial sites.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Facility Uses RTLS to Monitor Patient Recovery
The Josie Robertson Surgery Center, newly opened in December, is using the system to track patients, their families and health-care providers, ensuring that patients are treated efficiently and are back on their feet after surgery.