- Can the Use of RFID Be Strengthened in the Health-Care Industry?
Improving and strengthening patient care with well-maintained and regularly tested RFID tags could make all the difference for a safer environment.
- Combining E-paper and NFC RFID Technologies to Enhance Medical Asset Management and Tracking
The need for specialized scanners with wireless tag technology has resulted in far slower market uptake than was originally envisaged; there is a great deal of scope for e-paper to help make up the shortfall.
- Cutting Human Bottlenecks
Before hospitals deploy an RFID solution to improve bed management, they must revise their patient-workflow process.
- Managing Surgical Instruments
RFID can improve patient safety and deliver cost savings to hospitals.
- Hard vs. Soft Benefits
RFID health-care solutions can improve many operations and processes, but not all the gains will impact a hospital's bottom line.
- RFID Replenishment Solutions for Medical Supplies
Here's how to develop a business case for tracking high-value or low-cost items in hospitals.
- The Obvious—and Hidden—Benefits of RFID Hand-Hygiene Solutions
They can reduce HAIs and save hospitals millions of dollars.
- An RTLS Self-Exam
Hospitals that ask the right questions can make a smart decision when choosing a real-time location system.
- Hospitals Embrace Passive Applications
Health-care managers pave their own path to RFID adoption.
- 'RFID Buzz' Is a Double-Edged Sword
Hospitals need to curtail their excitement about the technology's benefits and cure one problem at a time.
- Improving Food Safety and Quality In China
A platform that uses Internet of Things technologies can be used to monitor the country's food supply.
- Wearable RFID Tags
Antennas must be lightweight, low-cost and powerful enough to support sensors in health-care applications.
- Next-Generation EPCIS
Planned enhancements to the EPC Information Services standard will improve traceability for nonserialized items and transformation processes.
- A New Approach to Pharmaceutical E-Pedigrees
EPCIS can support chain-of-custody verification—without a cumbersome data burden.
- Toward a Zero-Injury Workplace
Real-time safety solutions protect employees in dangerous industries.