- RFID Helps Vacuum Up Waste at Pneumatic Disposal Sites
Finnish technology company MariMatic Oy is providing companies and municipalities with an underground waste and recycling system that uses RFID to allow access to authorized users only, and to store data about who used each receptacle.
- Reforestation Project Uses RFID Data for Forest Analytics
HLH provides RFID-based data to customers, as well as to partners such as Paradise Helicopters, and analyzes that information to better manage its forest of koa and sandalwood trees.
- A Gem of a Solution
Golden Environmental Mat Services tracks one-ton mats, so they don't get lost in the mud on job sites or harm environmentally fragile terrain.
- Visualize This—Detroit Diesel Goes Green With RFID
The engine maker replaced reams of paper with visual tags to reduce waste.
- Italy Tackles Its Waste Problem
Cosmari, a waste collecting and disposal consortium, deployed an RFID solution that increased recycling and delivered a return on investment.
- Finnish Recycling Firm Uses RFID to Create an Efficient and Profitable Business
Lassila & Tikanoja tracks tagged plastic containers used to transport glass bottles from nearly 5,000 collection points to eight waste-processing centers.
- Electronic Invoices Reduce Paper Consumption
The Taiwan Fiscal Information Agency uses RFID and NFC technologies to enable shoppers to receive e-receipts.
- World Wildlife Fund Uses RFID to Foil Poachers
A real-time tracking and monitoring solution helps protect endangered rhinos and other animals in Namibia.
- The Economic Benefits of Going Green
The city and residents of Grand Rapids, Mich., are benefiting from RFID-based recycling and garbage-collection solutions.
- Health Club Saves Money With RFID Laundry Solution
A deployment intended to thwart towel theft has yielded a fast ROI and paid off for the environment.
- Lufthansa Technik Automates Supply Management
The logistics services division turned to RFID to track time-sensitive materials and build a greener business.
- Extracting New Value From Old Printers
HP Brazil is leveraging the RFID information in its tagged ink-jet printers to recycle plastics.
- RFID Goes on Safari
The Dallas Zoo tracks elephants in real time to study their behavior and determine if they're getting enough exercise.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: RFID Green Award—The Greening of Mission Foods
RFID made it economically feasible for the tortilla manufacturer to switch from disposable corrugated boxes to reusable plastic containers.
- 2010 RFID Journal Award: Minera Norge Takes RFID to the Arctic Edge
In the land of the midnight sun, RFID never sleeps, as it streamlines year-round production and shipping at a Norwegian manufacturer's slate facility.