- EchoRFID Offers Views Into Buried Oil and Gas or Utility Pipes
The company's EchoShield PipeTalker solution is designed to track the locations and histories of pipes or other equipment from the point of manufacture through inspections and maintenance after installation.
- Nexess Integrates Multiple RFID Tool-Tracking Systems Into Single Offering
Designed for the nuclear, oil and gas, and aerospace industries, the unified solution consists of smart counters and cabinets and a mobile application, all managed on a single software platform.
- RFID, GPS Bring Visibility to Construction of BP Oil Platform
The oil company is utilizing Mojix's STAR 3000 RFID system and noFilis' CrossTalk software to track the locations of billions of dollars' worth of goods used in the construction project.
- AXON Energy Acquires Merrick Systems' RFID Product Line
The reorganization of the two companies—both owned by HitecVision—enables AXON to provide an oil-and-gas industry solution consisting of LF and UHF tags, an LF-UHF handheld reader and software to manage the collected data.
- Steel Tube Finishing Firm Tries RFID to Track Personnel, Tools
OCTG and its technology provider, Silent Partner, have also formed a new company to market a solution that tracks the manufacture, inspection and threading of tubes before they are shipped to drill sites.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2013 to Feature Nine Preconference and Four New Post-conference Seminars
The company's 11th annual conference and exhibition will include seminars and workshops focused on RFID's use in various industries.
- Wellhead Manufacturer Tracks Products Via RTLS
A Wi-Fi-based AeroScout RFID solution, installed by Boston Networks, allows FMC Technologies to track the location and, thus, the status of each piece of equipment as it is assembled or serviced.
- RFID Helps Stowers Institute Researchers Shop for Supplies
Terso Solutions' Smart Stockroom enables scientists to purchase tools and chemicals kept within a storage room, and to automatically bill the goods to a specific grant.
- Motorola Updates Its 9000 Series Handheld Reader
Compared with its predecessor, the new MC9190-Z industrial handheld features a faster processor and more memory, as well as a larger screen and additional keyboard options.
- Final Agenda Announced for RFID Journal LIVE! Europe—Scandinavia
RFID Journal's eighth European event, to be held on Oct. 24-25, will include presentations from industry leaders and an in-depth preconference seminar focused on the construction and energy sectors.
- Australian Oil Refinery Construction Site Tries Out RFID
A global energy company hopes to use the technology to track the locations of hundreds of thousands of assets, to ensure that none are lost and work is not delayed.
- Agip North Caspian Oil Platform Adopts RTLS Technology
The company is installing a real-time location system from Ubisense and S3 ID to track the locations of approximately 1,000 staff members on its one-square-kilometer offshore rig.
- Italian Gas Stations Install Leak-Sensing RFID System
Wolftank is providing a solution that includes nanotron Technologies active RFID tags to send alerts as soon as fuel seepage is detected.
- Statoil to Use RFID to Manage Drill Pipes at Offshore Rigs
Low-frequency tags and readers provided by Trac ID will help the oil and gas company to determine the lifespan of each pipe lowered into an oil well.
- Infinity Seismic RFID-enables Its Geophone Testers
The company's CheckMate Land handheld device is available with an RFID reader, to automatically identify the testing of geophones used by the oil and gas industry in measuring seismic activity.