- TNT Uses RFID To Track Temperatures of Sensitive Goods
The new service assures that health-care, pharmaceutical and chemical companies' products remain at appropriate temperatures during transit.
- Pharma Label Maker to Test Tags That Record Temps
The credit-card-sized 13.56 MHz tags can measure and log up to 500 temperature readings, allowing drugmakers and other manufacturers to know the temperature at which their products were stored throughout the supply chain.
- Hyan and Parelec Teaming on Tags for Products, Mass Transit
The tag maker and conductive-ink manufacturer say their combined products are being used for product authentication and in single and multiuse mass-transit cards.
- Alien Cancels IPO Plans
Alien Technology has requested that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission withdraw its registration statement for an initial public offering.
- Alien Technology's IPO Woes
Alien's decision last week to delay its initial public offering has left industry watchers debating on whether the RFID company is a bellwether for the RFID industry as a whole.
- Texas Instruments Rolling Out Its Gen 2 Chips
TI says its Gen 2 chips will be available in August, in the form of wafers and as rolls of chips attached to straps. The company will stop making Gen 2 inlays.
- Unilever Launches Trial Using EPCIS Protocol
The trial uses software that complies with EPCglobal’s proposed Electronic Product Code Information Services draft standard, following a successful test involving an EPCIS-based data repository from IBM and data analysis application from T3Ci.
- Intermec, Symbol Resolve Outstanding IP Disputes
The companies have worked out a cross-licensing agreement and a covenant not to sue one another over intellectual property rights for four years.
- Gen 2 EPC Protocol Approved as ISO 18000-6C
The International Standards Organization has made EPCglobal's UHF Gen 2 air-interface protocol a part of its ISO/IEC 18000-6 standard.
- Chemical Industry Studies RFID's Applications
A trade association made up of chemical producers and suppliers is examining the technology, and has issued a report detailing how RFID can be used by its members.
- New EPCglobal Tools for Aerospace, Chemical, Pharmacy
The RFID industry body has developed three software applications to help businesses understand how EPC-based RFID technology might impact their organizations.
- BP Tests RFID Sensor Network at U.K. Plant
The energy company seeks to determine how the technology might help it manage its chemical inventory, increase stock visibility and reinforce safe-handling business rules.
- ExploTrack Launches e-Pedigree Platform for Explosives
The company says at least one U.S. explosives manufacturer is implementing its system, which uses RFID and GPS technology to track explosives and detonators.
- BP Refinery Uses RFID for Evacuation System
At its Cherry Point facility, the oil giant has deployed an ultra-wideband tracking system to keep tabs on personnel in the event of a fire or explosion.
- Alien Seeks to Disprove Intermec Patent Infringement
Alien says it is seeking a declaratory judgment to prove its RFID products do not violate Intermec’s intellectual property.