- Nuclear Facility Tests RFID on Pipe Welds
A solution from Beweis is intended to accurately identity a pipe weld via a handheld reader, and link that weld to radiographic images of it that prove its integrity.
- Woodside Tests New Passive-Active RFID Tag
The Australian oil and gas company is trialing Omni-ID's Power 400 RFID tag, branded as the Woodside Smart Tag (or W-Tag), at its LNG operation site.
- RFID Journal Unveils Agenda for RFID in Energy, Mining & Construction Conference
Speakers at the event, to be held in Australia on Aug. 12-13, will include executives from Woodside Energy and Bechtel.
- Hebrew University's Nanotech Lab Tracks Researcher Locations, Emergencies
The school's Unit for Nanofabrication lab is employing an RTLS solution from LogiTag to identify researchers' locations, and to issue alerts if a worker presses a panic alarm on an RFID tag.
- RFID News Roundup
U Grok It raises $600,000 in angel funding, begins manufacturing UHF smartphone readers; Xerafy, RFID Global Solution, Alien Technology partner on RFID kit for hospitals; Holland RFID, Xerafy announce oil-and-gas partnership; Walgreens' Duane Reade drugstores deploy Bluetooth beacons; Nivea embeds StickNFind beacons in magazine ads; CSL creates dual-mode access cards in partnership with HID, announces new temperature tag; Qualcomm establishes subsidiary as standalone Bluetooth beacon company.
- RFID Journal to Hold Inaugural RFID Event in Australia Focused on Energy, Mining and Construction
The event, to be held on Aug. 12-13, will be co-located with the Lean Construction Conference, and will focus on how companies in these sectors are employing RFID to improve their business operations.
- Energy Industry Leaders Promote RFID Adoption
Woodside, Total, BP, Petrobras and Shell founded the Global RFID Committee for Oil & Gas to promote standardization and maximize the potential value of radio frequency identification and other auto-ID technologies in the industry.
- New Stainless-Steel Ultra-rugged Tag Promises Durability for Health Care, Oil and Gas
Xerafy's passive UHF RFID Roswell tag is being tested by health-care and oil and gas firms, and will be part of a new solution for tracking surgical equipment.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2014 to Feature Eight Industry-Specific Preconference Seminars
The company's 12th annual conference and exhibition will include preconference seminars and workshops focused on RFID's use in various industries.
- RFID Tracks Chemical Inventory at Oak Ridge National Laboratory
ORNL manages its inventory with passive EPC UHF RFID tags, using a handheld reader to identify the locations of chemicals at hundreds of storage locations.
- Gravotech, Oridao Unveil System that Prevents Tag Counterfeiting, Cloning
The solution is designed to make it easy for companies to securely track critical information about components, tools and other items that need to be traced throughout their lifecycles.
- EchoRFID Offers Views Into Buried Oil and Gas or Utility Pipes
The company's EchoShield PipeTalker solution is designed to track the locations and histories of pipes or other equipment from the point of manufacture through inspections and maintenance after installation.
- Nexess Integrates Multiple RFID Tool-Tracking Systems Into Single Offering
Designed for the nuclear, oil and gas, and aerospace industries, the unified solution consists of smart counters and cabinets and a mobile application, all managed on a single software platform.
- RFID, GPS Bring Visibility to Construction of BP Oil Platform
The oil company is utilizing Mojix's STAR 3000 RFID system and noFilis' CrossTalk software to track the locations of billions of dollars' worth of goods used in the construction project.
- AXON Energy Acquires Merrick Systems' RFID Product Line
The reorganization of the two companies—both owned by HitecVision—enables AXON to provide an oil-and-gas industry solution consisting of LF and UHF tags, an LF-UHF handheld reader and software to manage the collected data.