|Home||Internet of Things||Aerospace||Apparel||Energy||Defense||Health Care||Logistics||Manufacturing||Retail|
Ask The Experts Forum
Where Can I Get an RFID System to Inventory Automotive Components?
What is the best company that can provide us with an RFID-enabled inventory-management solution for car parts? We have talked with many integrators, but do not feel they are competent enough to do the job.
Managing car parts can be a challenge. Facilities are usually large, open spaces with inventory stored in a variety of locations. There are physics issues to overcome, as well as integration with existing back-end systems.
I know that IBM has built a successful system for Honda Italia, and Zebra Enterprise Solutions has created one for Getrag Ford, a parts supplier in Germany. CHEP has a solution called Material Intelligence, used for tracking parts bins as they move through different locations in the supply chain.
Here are some articles that you might find relevant:
• Hyundai RFID-enabling Its Supply Chain
• Ford Canada Adopts RFID System to Keep Parts Flowing
• Nissan North America Installs RFID-based Real-Time Locating System
• RFID Helps ZF Speed Transmission Shipments
• RFID Drives Fight Against Counterfeit Car Parts
• Land Rover Test-Drives RFID to Track Parts Containers
—Mark Roberti, Editor, RFID Journal
Login and post your comment!
Not a member?
Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!
SEND IT YOUR WAY
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.