|Home||Internet of Things||Aerospace||Apparel||Energy||Defense||Health Care||Logistics||Manufacturing||Retail|
Ask The Experts Forum
BlogsAsk The Experts ForumWhom Should I Contact Regarding the Manufacturing of Custom Tags and Readers?
Whom Should I Contact Regarding the Manufacturing of Custom Tags and Readers?
I have seen you mention a maximum read range of 300 feet. Are there any solutions with a longer range? And can some systems be tied into GPS technology, working together to achieve a more accurate and longer range? I assume that anything can be done, but that it would be a cost issue.
An active tag's range can be expanded with repeaters, which receive a signal, amplify it and forward it on to a reader antenna. There are a variety of tags on the market that can be combined with GPS transmitters to allow the tag to be pinpointed when it is outside an interrogator's read range. There are also tags that can communicate with cell towers to transmit sensor data. If you are monitoring the temperature of produce on a truck, for example, the active tag's sensors can be transmitted via the cell network.
Here are some articles that might be of interest:
• Hybrid Tag Includes Active RFID, GPS, Satellite and Sensors
• Construction Waste-Management Company Uses RFID and GPS
• HAMMER Combines RFID, GPS, Mapping, Sensor Technologies
• Air Force Base Deploys Wi-Fi/GPS RFID System Across 2,500 Acres
• WhereNet, Identec Solutions Offer GPS Tracking
• GPRS-GPS Tags Help Shippers Fight Theft, Reduce Costs
• Identec Introduces Active RFID/GPS Combo Tag
• Orbit One Launches Satellite-Based RFID Service
I hope these articles are helpful.
—Mark Roberti, Founder and Editor, RFID Journal
Login and post your comment!
Not a member?
Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!
SEND IT YOUR WAY
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
|RFID Journal LIVE!||RFID in Health Care||LIVE! LatAm||LIVE! Brasil||LIVE! Europe||RFID Connect||Virtual Events||RFID Journal Awards||Webinars||Presentations|