- HP, Volkswagen to Speak at RFID Journal LIVE! Brasil
RFID Journal's second Brazilian event will highlight how companies across the nation are benefiting from RFID technologies.
- Junkyard Sees Value in RFID
The company is using TrazeTag's rubberized tags to track the whereabouts and processing of salvaged cars, and to trigger a video record.
- Motorcycle Company Tracks Visitors Via RFID
India's TVS Motor Co. has installed active tags and readers to monitor the locations of guests as they move throughout the 250-acre compound, thereby preventing security breaches.
- Final Agenda Announced for RFID Journal LIVE! Europe
The event, to be held in London on Oct. 15, will feature presentations by Marks & Spencer and Wilkinson, and demonstrate the latest technology solutions.
- Confidex Releases Printable, Flexible On-Metal RFID Label
Silverline, a passive Gen 2 EPC UHF self-adhesive label able to be attached to curved surfaces, is being tested by potential customers after gaining a nod from four RFID printer-encoder suppliers.
- RF Code, Vehnet Offer Solution for Managing Assembled Vehicles, Components
Designed for use by car manufacturers, the system consists of RF Code active tags and readers, handheld computers with GPS units, and Vehnet software.
- Nissan Europe Uses RFID-enabled Social Media to Drive Consumer Interest
Passive UHF RFID technology provided by Dwinq has enabled Nissan fans at motor shows and other events to link pictures, "likes" and other media on Facebook and Twitter.
- Turck USA's Customers Install UHF RFID Solutions in Factories
The factory-automation company developed passive UHF tags and hardware as a longer read-range alternative to its HF RFID solution, so that its customers can track assets and products.
- Taiwan's Electric Scooter Riders Get a Charge From RFID
KentFa Advanced Technology is installing stations where scooter operators can trade in their bikes' depleted batteries for fully charged ones.
- RFID-based Automotive Network Project Achieves Its Goals
Some project partners, including Bosch, plan to take the results of the RAN project into the operational phase.
- Michelin Uses RFID to Track Tire Pressure and Tread for London Bus Company
The tires on Stagecoach London's double-decker buses are equipped with passive EPC RFID tags and wireless air-pressure sensors that record a tire's pressure and tread depth within a matter of seconds.
- Metal Fastener Company Improves Production With RFID
Nedschroef, a Dutch manufacturer of metal fasteners for the automobile industry, tracks information regarding 4,500 metal containers filled with as many as 100,000 nuts.
- Volkswagen Slovakia Gains Efficiency in Its Finishing Process
At its plant in Bratislava, the carmaker has deployed Identec Solutions' active RFID tags, readers and position markers so it can identify when vehicles enter and exit various servicing stations, as well as prevent bottlenecks.
- Mojix Announces the Availability of Its Next-Generation RFID System
The Mojix STAR 3000 offers cloud-based applications, industry-specific solutions, smartphone compatibly and improved performance, the company reports.
- Continental Tire Plant Increases Productivity, Reduces Waste
After installing AeroScout Wi-Fi-based RFID tags and RTLS software, the company's French factory is producing 5,000 more tires per day, while decreasing waste of materials by 20 percent.