- Health Club Saves Money With RFID Laundry Solution
A deployment intended to thwart towel theft has yielded a fast ROI and paid off for the environment.
- Lufthansa Technik Automates Supply Management
The logistics services division turned to RFID to track time-sensitive materials and build a greener business.
- Argentine Winery Harvests Crops With RFID
Bodega Norton uncorks a tracking and payment solution to improve productivity.
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute Manages Outpatients Via RFID
The South Delhi, India, medical facility deployed a real-time location system to reduce wait times for testing.
- RFID Monitors Students' Beverages
Florida high schools use the technology to limit refills and control costs.
- RFID Eases Border-Crossing Traffic
The Mexican and U.S. governments worked together to automate toll collection.
- India's Largest Media Company Builds RFID Into New Headquarters
Sun TV Network is monitoring some 10,000 assets, 75,000 recording media and more than 200 vehicles.
- Portuguese Airline TAPs Into RFID
The national airline uses radio frequency identification to track engine-overhaul components and tools.
- A New Tool for Electronics Companies
Intel developed a design that allows consumer electronics manufacturers to link RFID to its microprocessors in computers, tablets and other devices, enabling myriad applications—from manufacturing to supply chain and retail.
- RFID Helps U.K. Tool-Rental Company Better Serve Customers
Speedy Services' on-site solution provides continuous access to equipment, to meet work crew schedules.
- RFID Goes on Safari
The Dallas Zoo tracks elephants in real time to study their behavior and determine if they're getting enough exercise.
- RFID Speeds Up Electric Pole Inspections
The Orangeburg Department of Public Utilities is tagging 30,000 poles to improve maintenance and repair operations.
- Power Plant Turns to RFID for Site Safety
CLP Power Hong Kong deployed an access-control solution to monitor and protect employees.
- Finnish Hospital Deploys RFID in Three Phases
The East Savo Hospital District uses the technology at its main facility to control access, monitor patients' vital signs, ensure employee safety and track assets.
- The Ongoing War Against Inefficiencies
The U.S. Department of Defense is refining its RFID strategy to optimize the world's most complex supply chain.