- Aerospace Company Gains Efficiency Threefold With RFID
BAE Systems' deployment of RFID technology, enabled by sensor integration from Boeing's Tapestry Solutions, has boosted efficiency and reduced labor for supplies management, tool and asset tracking, and work-in-process visibility.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2018 Report, Part 1
Last month, RFID Journal held its 16th annual conference and exhibition. View the presentations from the event's keynotes, general sessions and preconference seminars.
- RFID System Automates Tool Management for Hong Kong Aeronautics Company
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. has deployed a Xerafy system leveraging handheld RFID readers, tags on tools, and an app on workers' phones to ensure that no tool is ever left insude an aircraft, and to help employees find a missing tool if a mistake is detected.
- Campus-wide RFID System Tracks Books and Assets, Manages Access Control
Saint Louis University, in the Philippines, has deployed a solution from Image Innovations Services using PTS's ClearStream middleware and a variety of fixed and handheld readers.
- Italian Quartz Mine Ensures Worker Safety via BLE
The solution, from BluEpyc, tracks the movements of beacon-carrying workers onto and off of the quarry site, to ensure they never enter the vicinity of scheduled explosions or remain at the site after hours.
- Florida Fire and Rescue Supplier Extends Visibility via RFID
The Bonita Springs Fire Control and Rescue District, using RFID tagging services from supplier QuadMed and a solution from Silent Partner Technologies, has reduced its inventory spending by 30 percent, while the Broward County Sheriff's Fire and Rescue Office plans to track the goods it uses and sells for emergency services.
- Magnolia Volunteer Fire Department Boosts Efficiency With Active, Passive RFID
The Texas firefighters have adopted a hybrid active and passive RFID system from Silent Partner Technology, and are 3D-printing the tag holders to affix them securely to equipment with its own Gigabot printer.
- RFID Provides Tissue-Tracking Gains for Hospitals
St. Dominic's, in Jackson, Miss., and North Kansas City Hospital are both using an RFID-enabled tissue- and implant-tracking system that includes TrackCore software to manage each item's location and status, as well as Terso RFID-enabled cabinets and coolers.
- Integration Brings Wi-Fi-Enabled Data from Pumps to RTLS
Stanley Healthcare is offering integration with Baxter infusion pumps so that users of the MobileView RTLS solution can track each pump's location and status without RFID tags.
- U.K. University Expands NFC Solutions to Track Workforce at Three Campuses
The University of Wolverhampton uses Skillweb's SmartTask system to automatically track the work of personnel cleaning bathrooms, inspecting student housing rooms, servicing emergency equipment and more.
- French Police Automate Weapon Management With RFID
The Marseille Police Force has deployed STid's Be-Weapon RFID technology at two of its weapon-storage sites, thereby speeding up the process of retrieving weapons and ensuring that no inventory goes missing or requires maintenance.
- Resorts World Genting Malaysia Tracks 100,000 Uniforms With RFID-Based System
The resort has reduced labor costs and loss by automating its uniform-management system—reading RFID tags on garments as they are turned into the laundry facility, then are sorted and returned to employees.
- RFID Furthers Operational Efficiency for New York Hospital
Northern Westchester Hospital is using a passive UHF RFID solution from Quake Global to identify the specific pod in which equipment is located.
- Irish Hospital Tracks Precious Samples
St. James's Hospital is identifying the locations and movements of biopsy tissues extracted from surgical patients, thereby ensuring that no samples end up missing, and is also using RFID to track artwork.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Tracks IT Assets
The federal agency tagged more than 115,000 items to improve inventory efficiencies and reduce costs.