|Home||Internet of Things||Aerospace||Apparel||Energy||Defense||Health Care||Logistics||Manufacturing||Retail|
RFID Journal LIVE! 2009 to Feature More than 50 End-User Case Studies
For its seventh annual conference and exhibition, being held on Apr. 27-29 in Orlando, Fla., RFID Journal has announced the final lineup of case studies—the most in the event's history.
Apr 06, 2009—RFID Journal has unveiled the final lineup for its flagship event, RFID Journal LIVE! 2009. This year's event, its seventh annual, will be held on Apr. 27-29 at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, in Orlando, Fla., and will feature more than 50 end-user case studies—the most in the conference's history.
"There has never been a greater collection of end users sharing their RFID knowledge and experiences in one place," says Mark Roberti, RFID Journal's founder and editor. "This is a unique opportunity for companies to come and learn from those already using RFID to reduce costs in the short term, as well as enhance their long-term competitiveness."
RFID Journal LIVE! has become the world's premier RFID event, because it offers attendees real value in terms of high-level content and the opportunity to view the latest products and services from more than 170 leading RFID companies. The case studies presented at this year's conference will cover many industries, including aerospace, apparel, consumer packaged goods, defense, food, government, health care, logistics, manufacturing, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and retail.
Representatives from a range of end users will present case studies at LIVE! 2009, including the following:
• Abbott—David Ulrich (temperature monitoring)
• American Apparel—Zander Livingston (merchandise management)
• Bank of America—William Conroy (data center asset tracking)
• Boeing—Charles Fletcher (logistics management)
• BP—Curt Smith (asset optimization)
• Cascade Engineering—Westley MacAllister (waste management)
• Cephalon—Randy Bradway and Brian Brown (drug tracking)
• Conair/USAID—Paul Arguin and John Mayorek (retail compliance and supply chain management)
• Continental Automotive Systems US—Gokhan Sarpkaya (parts management)
• Costa View Farms—Larry Pietrowski (animal tracking)
• DePuy (a division of Johnson & Johnson) —Dave Johnson (shipping accuracy)
• Florida State Attorney's Office—Dan Zinn (file tracking)
• H.D. Smith—Ron Hoelzer (e-pedigree creation)
• H&M Bay—John Walker (temperature monitoring)
• John Deere & Co.—Jeffrey Knutsen (tracking work-in-process)
• Kimberly-Clark—Scott Buss (yard management)
• Matiq—Geir Vevle (food traceability)
• McKesson—Ron Bone (distribution management)
• Monsanto—William Schulz (supply chain optimization)
• NYK Line—Naotaka Ishizawa (logistics management)
• Providence Health Care Systems—Ray Lowe (asset tracking)
• Purdue Pharma—Harry Ramsey (counterfeit deterrence)
• Salt Lake County Library Services—Gretchen Freeman (library management)
• Schneider Electric—Dr. Fabrice Roudet (asset tracking in harsh environments)
• Siemens—Brian L. Moran (managing construction equipment and material)
• Southern Co.—Wm. Keith Hodnet (worker safety)
• St. Elizabeth Medical Center—Halsey Bagg (inventory optimization)
• U.S. Defense Logistics Agency—Mark Lieberman (supply chain management)
• U.S. Navy—Robert Bacon (supply chain management)
• U.S. Transportation Command—Dave Dias (supply chain management)
• Vail Resorts—Robert Urwiler (improving the customer experience)
A full list of case studies being presented is available on the RFID Journal LIVE! 2009 Web site.
"It's clear, from the number of industries represented and the number of applications, that RFID is a technology that can deliver value to almost every company," Roberti says. "In these challenging times, this event represents a rare opportunity to learn how to use a powerful new technology to streamline business processes and enhance efficiencies."
Login and post your comment!
Not a member?
Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!
SEND IT YOUR WAY
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
TAKE THE POLL