|Home||Internet of Things||Aerospace||Apparel||Energy||Defense||Health Care||Logistics||Manufacturing||Retail|
RFID Journal Launches RFIDconnect Networking Tool at RFID Journal LIVE! 2007
The new online system enables the more than 3,000 attendees and exhibitors participating in RFID Journal's fifth annual conference and exhibition to meet online, arrange meetings and achieve event goals.
Mar 15, 2007—RFID Journal, the world's leading media and events company covering radio frequency identification (RFID) technology, announced today that it will introduce RFIDconnect, an online networking tool, at RFID Journal LIVE! 2007, to be held April 30 to May 2, 2007, at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Fla.
RFID Journal LIVE! draws more than 3,000 leaders from around the world to discuss and showcase the latest RFID applications, as well as track-and-trace, asset-tracking and anticounterfeiting solutions. RFIDconnect enables attendees to find exhibitors offering products that interest them most, and to arrange meetings with speakers and other thought leaders attending the event.
The system is powered by EventMingle. For RFID Journal LIVE! 2007, EventMingle has created a custom online community for attendees, speakers, press, venture capitalists, sponsors and exhibitors. RFID Connect offers participants the following features:
• Matching and Collaboration Tools RFIDconnect will match attendees, speakers and exhibitors based on their personal profile and goals for the event. RFIDconnect promotes networking among all participants.
• Internal E-mail System Attendees, speakers and exhibitors will use RFIDconnect's built-in e-mail system to communicate without revealing personal contact information.
• Advanced Search Features Participants can search for people based on location, title and interests. Attendees can also meet other people planning to attend a specific conference session. Exhibitors can connect with attendees interested in their specific products and services, find speakers covering their products and identify other exhibitors that would make good business partners.
• Detailed Online Exhibitor Directory Exhibitors can publish extended information, including a searchable product directory, current news releases and scheduled booth events. In addition, they can provide attendees the opportunity to schedule appointments with booth personnel.
• Press Center Attendees can use the RFIDconnect portal to view all recent news releases from exhibiting companies.
• Message Forums The message forums allow people to share information on exhibitors, news releases, products, special events, exhibitor giveaway items and job postings.
• The Daily Planner Participants can create a detailed to-do list they can take with them to the event. RFIDconnect becomes an attendee's personal assistant to help get organized for the event before arrival.
"RFID Journal LIVE! is a unique event that attracts a wide range of thought leaders—within both the end-user and vendor communities—who are spearheading RFID adoption across many industries," says Mark Roberti, editor and founder of RFID Journal. "We're thrilled to launch a new networking tool that will enable attendees, speakers and exhibitors to get more out of the event. I encourage all participants to make the most of RFIDconnect."
Those already registered for the event are automatically entered into the RFIDconnect system. They receive an invitation to update their biography online and select the products they are interested in learning about at the event, as well as the people they would like to meet. They can then search for others by interest or attendee type. The system has a complete agenda, allowing attendees to create a day planner and meet individuals expecting to attend the same sessions.
"It's exciting for us to be working with the foremost community on the cutting edge of RFID evolution," says Jim Harrer, CEO of Specialty Match Network, which developed and markets EventMingle. "This is truly a conference where networking and building strong business development partnerships is a key component of the event."
Login and post your comment!
Not a member?
Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!
SEND IT YOUR WAY
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
TAKE THE POLL