|Home||Internet of Things||Aerospace||Apparel||Energy||Defense||Health Care||Logistics||Manufacturing||Retail|
RFID Journal LIVE! 2016 to Feature Six Preconference Seminars
This year's topics will include content for the energy and retail sectors and IT professionals, as well as RFID-enabled smart products, and warehouse and inventory management—plus, RFID Journal University.
Apr 13, 2016—
RFID Journal announced today that it will offer six preconference seminars to attendees at its RFID Journal LIVE! conference and exhibition. LIVE! 2016 will be held on May 3-5, at the Orange County Convention Center, located in Orlando, Fla.
The following preconference seminars, which will start at 10:30 am and conclude at 4:30 pm, will take place on May 3:
• Item-Level Retail and Apparel Workshop: Attendees will hear where the benefits of employing radio frequency identification to track individual items are, and how to achieve them. In addition, guests will receive an update on the GS1 Item Level RFID Workgroup which is helping to develop standard ways of deploying the technology, along with best practices.
• RFID in Energy, Mining & Construction: This seminar will educate attendees about the durable tags on the market and how to evaluate them for particular applications. It will also show how companies in oil and gas, chemical, mining, construction and manufacturing are successfully using RFID in harsh environments for tracking assets, personnel safety and equipment maintenance, as well as for speeding up production and shipping processes.
• RFID for IT Professionals: The presenters will describe how to build a complete software architecture, as well as the various architecture and product choices that an IT architect faces in building and deploying a successful system.
• RFID for Warehouse and Inventory Management: Participants will learn about specific RFID technologies for warehouse and inventory management within the supply chain, and how to build an RFID portal for automated receiving and inventory tracking.
• RFID-Enabled Smart Products: Attendees will hear how RFID technology is making smart objects, appliances, devices and personal accessories more intelligent and relevant.
• RFID Journal University: This seminar—designed for individuals new to radio frequency identification—will provide the foundational knowledge necessary to begin understanding how RFID can be applied to solve specific business problems.
This year's RFID Journal LIVE! conference and exhibition will also feature four industry-specific tracks covering aerospace and defense, retail and apparel, health care and pharmaceuticals, and manufacturing. Other tracks will cover the use of RFID for supply chain and logistics operations, and for payments and authentication, as well as the technology and infrastructure required for RFID data collection, and innovative uses of RFID.
Additionally, LIVE! 2016 will feature four post-conference seminars, fast-track training provided by RFID4U, RFID Professional Institute certification, and three co-located events: IEEE RFID 2016, the Internet of Things Conference and the Last Mile Consortia Forum. What's more, the event will offer exhibits and demonstrations conducted by the industry's leading technology firms.
Login and post your comment!
Not a member?
Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!
SEND IT YOUR WAY
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
TAKE THE POLL