- Magicmirror Could Assist Retail Customers
Developed by Paxar and Thebigspace, the system includes an RFID interrogator and a mirror that displays product information.
- Marks & Spencer to Tag Items at 120 Stores
By spring 2007, the U.K. retailer says personnel at 78 additional stores will use handheld RFID interrogators to track inventory and make sure certain departments are well stocked.
- Europe Warming Up to EPC Gen 2 UHF RFID
At RFID Journal LIVE! Europe, attendees applauded EPCglobal Gen 2 technology but acknowledged the effort still required to foster adoption.
- RFID Pushes Fashion Forward
A real-time location system, coupled with a cell-phone application, enables logistics provider Jöbstl to deliver clothing to Charles Vögele stores on time, resulting in reduced inventory and enhanced customer service.
- Coverall Maker Adds RFID to Its Shipping Process
Walls Industries, which sells work and hunting clothes, expects to benefit internally by integrating tagging into its warehouse-management system.
- New Balance Taking First Steps With RFID
The athletic shoe and apparel company's initial technology tests went well; now, the firm is planning a pilot.
- Clothing Maker Says RFID Significantly Improves Production
Chinese firm Lawsgroup has deployed an RFID work-in-progress tracking system that is leading to measurable improvements in its operations and a quick return on investment.
- Apparel & Footwear Summit Attracts Wide Audience
Retailers and manufacturers from around the world shared experiences and discussed challenges at RFID Journal's Apparel & Footwear Summit.
- New Zealand Retailer Plans RFID Pilot
The Warehouse, the nation's largest general merchandise retailer, has completed tests of the technology and is preparing to launch a pilot using RFID to manage stock in one of its stores.
- Vue and Symbol Introduce RFID Systems for Tracking Apparel Items
In addition, Vue is partnering with Kurt Salmon Associates to provide consulting services and inventory-management software for apparel retailers.
- Event Addresses RFID in Apparel and Footwear
RFID Apparel & Footwear Summit will focus on the business benefits of RFID for apparel and footwear manufacturers and retailers.
- Apparel Maker Seeks Seamless Tracking
A DOD apparel supplier is ready to start tagging shipments for mandate compliance, but isn't stopping there.
- AAFA Offers RFID Savings Program
The American Apparel and Footwear Association is offering its eligible members deep discounts on RFID smart labels from Avery Dennison RIS.
- Item Tagging Offers Quick Payback
A newly published study shows that apparel and footwear retailers can expect a quick return on investment from deploying RFID.
- Keeping Track of Cadets' Togs
Texas A&M University is deploying an RFID system to track rented uniforms for its Corps of Cadets.