- RFID Pushes Fashion Forward
A real-time location system, coupled with a cell-phone application, enables logistics provider Jöbstl to deliver clothing to Charles Vögele stores on time, resulting in reduced inventory and enhanced customer service.
- Coverall Maker Adds RFID to Its Shipping Process
Walls Industries, which sells work and hunting clothes, expects to benefit internally by integrating tagging into its warehouse-management system.
- New Balance Taking First Steps With RFID
The athletic shoe and apparel company's initial technology tests went well; now, the firm is planning a pilot.
- Clothing Maker Says RFID Significantly Improves Production
Chinese firm Lawsgroup has deployed an RFID work-in-progress tracking system that is leading to measurable improvements in its operations and a quick return on investment.
- Apparel & Footwear Summit Attracts Wide Audience
Retailers and manufacturers from around the world shared experiences and discussed challenges at RFID Journal's Apparel & Footwear Summit.
- New Zealand Retailer Plans RFID Pilot
The Warehouse, the nation's largest general merchandise retailer, has completed tests of the technology and is preparing to launch a pilot using RFID to manage stock in one of its stores.
- Vue and Symbol Introduce RFID Systems for Tracking Apparel Items
In addition, Vue is partnering with Kurt Salmon Associates to provide consulting services and inventory-management software for apparel retailers.
- Event Addresses RFID in Apparel and Footwear
RFID Apparel & Footwear Summit will focus on the business benefits of RFID for apparel and footwear manufacturers and retailers.
- Apparel Maker Seeks Seamless Tracking
A DOD apparel supplier is ready to start tagging shipments for mandate compliance, but isn't stopping there.
- AAFA Offers RFID Savings Program
The American Apparel and Footwear Association is offering its eligible members deep discounts on RFID smart labels from Avery Dennison RIS.
- Item Tagging Offers Quick Payback
A newly published study shows that apparel and footwear retailers can expect a quick return on investment from deploying RFID.
- Keeping Track of Cadets' Togs
Texas A&M University is deploying an RFID system to track rented uniforms for its Corps of Cadets.
- Apparel, Footwear Groups Study RFID
The U.S. apparel and footwear industry is examining how best to deploy RFID to track product inventory at the item level.
- RFID: The Next Fashion from Italy?
Lab ID of Bologna, Italy, has developed an RFID system designed for tracking garments.
- New Direct-To-Textile Washable Tag
KSW-Microtec has unveiled new washable RFID labels that can be attached directly to the fabric of garments.