- RFID Helps Speed Up Logistics for Serafini Shoes, San Giuliano Ferragamo Clothes
After installing EPC readers, LTC-Logistics—an Italian company that fulfills orders for fashion companies—has reduced the time needed to process received goods by 97 percent.
- Registration Now Open for RFID Journal LIVE! 2011
The RFID industry's biggest event, to be held on Apr. 12-14, in Orlando, Fla., will feature more than 50 case studies presented by leading end users, as well as solutions from more than 175 technology companies.
- Apparel Retailers Test RFID-enhanced EAS Hard Tags
Three clothing-store operators will use Retailers Advantage's Intelligent a3tag, which combines traditional electronic article surveillance technology with EPC Gen 2 RFID inlays, to track inventory and reduce shrinkage.
- Fly London Uses RFID to Manage Inventory, and Take Customers Around the World
At a retail store in Lisbon, Portugal, the company is avoiding out-of-stocks and sending shoppers on a virtual trip to London, New York and Tokyo, with the help of EPC RFID tags and readers.
- RFID Boosts Store Turnover by Nearly 10 Percent in Italian Pilot
A study conducted by the University of Parma's RFID Lab, working with a retailer, apparel suppliers and logistics providers in Italy, reveals significant benefits throughout the supply chain.
- Sales of EPC RFID Tags, ICs Reach Record Levels
A surge in item-level tagging by apparel retailers has meant a banner year for RFID tag and chip vendors such as Impinj and Alien Technology.
- American Apparel's RFID Guru Launches RFID Software Startup RFID_Software RFID_Services
The new company, Truecount, will provide software solutions offering functionality designed specifically to meet the needs of the retail industry.
- Digital In-Store Ad Network Works With RFID
Three California businesses will test the Novitaz Digital Ad Network, using battery-powered 433 MHz RFID loyalty cards to identify customers and provide promotional text messages offering discounts.
- Staff Jeans to Introduce RFID-enabled Customer Services
Already using EPC Gen 2 tags at the item level in its factories and DC, the Greek clothing company is expanding its use of the technology to offer garment information and shopping suggestions at its flagship store.
- RFID Helps Blind Workers Do Their Jobs
The system's developer says the RFID software designed for blind users is not only effective, it's an improvement on its original RFID software.
- Checkpoint Systems Creates RFID-centric 'Visibility' Division
The company has established a Merchandise Visibility Solutions division that will focus on swiftly providing comprehensive item-level RFID systems to retailers around the world, along with installation and maintenance services.
- RFID Helps Florida Shoe Retailer Keep Its Customers From Walking Away
Peltz Shoes has developed its own item-level RFID system to track the 30,000 pairs of shoes at each of its Tampa-area stores, improving inventory accuracy and reducing inventory-related labor costs.
- Wal-Mart Relaunches EPC RFID Effort, Starting With Men's Jeans and Basics
The retailer has shifted its focus from tagging all pallets and cases to working with suppliers to tag items in categories where the company and its partners will see the biggest benefits.
- Momentum Is Growing for Item-Level Tagging, Survey Says
The Aberdeen Group finds that 57 percent of retailers using or planning to deploy RFID prefer to employ the technology at the item level, and that many are utilizing the technology to improve inventory accuracy, as well as for a range of other applications.
- RFID in Fashion Event Goes Virtual
RFID Journal is transforming its RFID in Fashion face-to-face event, sponsored by Avery Dennison, into an online event to be held on Sept. 28.