- Iconeme Launches Bluetooth Beacon Solution for Mannequins
The VMBeacon system includes beacons and a smartphone app that enables shoppers to learn more about a garment on display in a store or window, and to purchase that product online—even if the store is closed.
- RFID Technology's Use in Retail to Be Highlighted at LIVE! 2014
RFID Journal's 12th annual conference and exhibition will feature presentations from industry leaders Alex and Ani, Hudson's Bay Co., Macy's, Marks & Spencer, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
- E-Thread Provides Discrete Anti-Counterfeiting or Tracking Solutions
French startup Primo1D says that companies are testing its UHF RFID-enabled thread by incorporating it into the towels and other linens they manage and launder.
- Shenzhen Hyan Microelectronics Creates Privacy-Protecting Garment Label
The company's new EPC Gen 2 solution consists of a button that is sewn onto a garment and a removable antenna that slides onto that button and extends its short read range to that of a standard UHF tag.
- Coccinelle Finds RFID Virtually Eliminates Out-of-Stocks for Store and Online Sales
The Dutch clothing retailer is attaching UHF RFID tags to garments, and is using handheld and point-of-sale readers to track which inventory is at stores and available for online sales.
- Alex and Ani Rolls Out Swirl's Bluetooth Beacons at 40 Stores
Swirl Networks' solution enables the fashion retailer to track shoppers' in-store locations, and to send targeted product information to their smartphones. Kenneth Cole and Timberland plan similar rollouts.
- Intersport Expects RFID to Boost Its Sales, Decrease Its Costs
After carrying out a one-store pilot of a combined EAS and RFID system from Cross Point and RFKeeper, the international athletic-goods retailer is installing the technology at other sites.
- Hong Kong Leather Goods Company Uses RFID to Track Inventory, Fight Diversion
The manufacturer of the Fortune Duck brand of purses and bags is using passive UHF tags to track goods from the point of manufacture to the point of sale, raising inventory accuracy by nearly 10 percent.
- SML Group Adding New RFID Test Centers, Tag Manufacturing Capacity
The company will expand its RFID tag development capabilities and tag manufacturing capacity in Europe, the United States and Asia, as it predicts strong growth in item-level tagging for food, jewelry, cosmetics and garments.
- Kohl's Rolls Out RFID for Select Product Categories at Its Stores
The RFID solution, provided by Checkpoint, was taken live at the retailer's stores and distribution centers.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2014 to Feature Eight Industry-Specific Preconference Seminars
The company's 12th annual conference and exhibition will include preconference seminars and workshops focused on RFID's use in various industries.
- Heidi.com's New Store Uses NFC RFID to Enable Omni-Channel Shopping
The Swiss clothing company has installed virtual shopping kiosks so that customers can shop not only for garments at its flagship store, but also for those available via its website, as well as receive personalized services and promotions.
- Macy's Tests Shopkick's ShopBeacon at New York, San Francisco Stores
The Bluetooth tags enable the retailer to share promotional data about its merchandise with consumers who have downloaded and opted in to the Shopkick app.
- Avery Dennison, Alien Technology and Invengo Sign Licensing Deals With Round Rock
The RFID technology makers say that the patent agreements will eliminate obstacles to deployments of EPC UHF RFID technology in the U.S.
- SDV and IER Offer an End-to-End RFID Solution for Retailers
Based on a solution developed for a large European retailer, iD by SDV is designed to track apparel from factory to store, with the goal of increasing sales and efficiencies.