- Small Textile Tag Offers Read Range of 5 Meters or More
The UbiTEX tag, from UBI Solutions, was developed by Fenotag with an Impinj Monza chip to prevent folding, fit unobtrusively on small linens and still provide a long read distance.
- Bon-Ton Boosts Shoe and Luggage Display Management With RFID
A UHF RFID system, provided by Zebra Technologies, has enabled the retailer to reduce its non-compliance of display items at 180 stores, from 20 percent down to almost none.
- RFID News Roundup
Fashion retailer Brownie signs agreement with Nedap for cloud-based RFID software ••• TMR Research report says RFID revolutionizing pharmaceutical industry ••• Harland Simon launches new Wi-Fi RFID reader ••• Silicon Labs' Bluetooth Mesh solution helps IoT developers cut time to market ••• Toshiba BLE products now support Bluetooth Mesh standard.
- EVRYTHNG, Avery Dennison RBIS Join Consumer QR Code Data With EPC RFID
The Active Digital Identities solution enables brands and retailers to create a GS1-standard label that they can use via RFID, and that consumers can access with their QR-code-scanning smartphones.
- European Hotels Deploying RFID-enabled App for Linen Management
The Acuity Connect app, used with handheld RFID readers, enables hotels or other linen-using companies to leverage the tags on their towels, bedding or uniforms to track inventory at their facilities.
- Bauarte Invests in Visibility, Customer Experience
For receipt, sale and transfer, all merchandise at the Brazilian company has been tagged with RFID, providing control and traceability of inventory counts.
- RFID Journal to Hold RFID in Retail and Apparel Event in New York City
The one-day conference, being held on Sept. 26, 2017, is designed to help retailers and brand owners learn how they can benefit from deploying RFID.
- RFID Journal to Hold 13th Annual LIVE! Europe Conference in London
The one-day event, being held on Nov. 16, will include a conference track focused on the retail and apparel sectors, with RFID certification training on Nov. 15.
- Brazilian Retailer Lez a Lez Improves Inventory-Counting Process
The store, located in Asuncion, Paraguay, adopted RFID technology for merchandise receiving, inventory management and sales.
- Loewe Pilots Real-time Location System for Luxury Apparel, Accessories
The IoT solution from CXignited enables the Spanish fashion brand to automatically manage inventory, enabling associates to provide fast access to the latest collection of products.
- John Lewis Rolling Out RFID Across All Fashion Goods
The UHF RFID solution, provided by Checkpoint Systems, currently includes 25,000 SKUs that are tagged at the source or by a third party, and are then tracked by branch employees at 34 locations across the United Kingdom.
- RFID News Roundup
Fujitsu announces ultra-thin washable UHF RFID tag for fashion apparel, accessories ••• Altova launches cross-platform mobile development framework with NFC features ••• CDO's asset-tracking solution supports AsReader's UHF RFID reader-writers ••• MSS Software expands client solutions with RFID asset-tracking capabilities ••• Zebra Technologies intros large-format, direct-to-card printer ••• Murata Americas releases three-axis MEMS accelerometers ••• Xerafy receives Frost & Sullivan New Product Innovation Award.
- Swedish Fashion Company Launches Global RFID System
The passive UHF solution, installed during a three-month span by Nedap Retail, enables Acne Studios to provide omnichannel sales with high inventory accuracy at all of its 45 stores.
- Company Boosts Sensitivity and Shortens Length of Its RFID Yarn
Primo1D's E-Thread is being tested by industrial and textile companies to track parts and products that do not lend themselves well to an affixed RFID tag.
- Avery Dennison Experience Center Aims to Encourage Innovation
The company's new I.Lab is intended to put RFID and other Internet of Things technologies in front of users and developers, while also serving as a source for creating new solutions based on their ideas and questions.